The incumbent will report to the Permanent Secretary and will be required to operate at a strategic level in the development and formulation of appropriate objectives, plans, policies and procedures for the achievement of the agency’s mission and vision with respect to the Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses Programme.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, prepares, implements and maintains policy guidelines for the operation of government’s financial support systems for tertiary education: GATE, HELP, SRLF & USGLF
- Provides leadership and manages a team of professionals/ sub professionals to ensure the overall efficient operations of the Division
- Provides advice to the Minister and Permanent Secretary on matters relating to the tertiary level sector and environment; and on matters pertaining to the Ministry’s financial support systems for tertiary education
- Identifies performance indicators and monitors performance in all the relevant areas
- Advises on viability strategies involving public/private sector ventures
- Is responsible for maintaining a high level of confidence in the Ministry’s flagship products GATE and HELP; and prepares reports on matters pertaining to the management of funding arrangements for the tertiary education sector
- Formulates and implements strategies relating to the development, operations and maintenance of the Ministry’s GATE client base
- Serves as Chairperson of the Credit Committee
- Scans the environment to identify new programmes/mechanisms that will assist the Ministry in achieving its goals and objectives with respect to growth, of the participation rate in tertiary education
- Represents the Ministry at fora requiring in-depth knowledge of the Ministry’s tertiary education outreach and proposals
- Performs any other related duties as determined by the Minister and Permanent Secretary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: –
- Practical knowledge of human resource development/management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Should possess strong leadership qualities
- Ability to network with all relevant stakeholders
- Ability to disseminate information in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Postgraduate degree in business Administration or Education
- Relevant specialized training and /or experience in some aspect of Public Sector Management.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in a similar or related job, five (5) or more of which should be at senior management level.
- Extensive experience in strategic planning processes and functions with an appreciation of Public Sector Management issues.
- Any other equivalent combination of qualifications, training and experience.
Applications are required to be submitted by Midnight on November 15, 2019