The Financial Administrator reports to the Director, Funding and Grants Administration Division (FGAD). The incumbent manages the financial function of the Funding and Grants Administration Division.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the implementation of policy and guidelines for the operation of Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses Programme (GATE), Higher Education Loan Programme HELP, Student Revolving Loan Fund (SRLF) and University Student Guarantee Loan Fund (USGLF).
- Identifies performance indicators and monitors performance in all the relevant areas.
- Advises on the implementation of FGAD financing, auditing and operating policies.
- Approves GATE applications for submission to the Ministry of Finance.
- Oversees the process of the preparation of requests for the disbursement of GATE funds to the Tertiary Level Institutions (TLIs).
- Liaises with the TLIs with respect to the implementation of FGAD’s policies and procedures.
- Advises on viability strategies involving public/private sector ventures.
- Advises on financial management and departmental Human Resource issues.
- Prepares annual accounts for the Ministry of Finance with respect to the GATE fund.
- Member of the Credit Committee which processes the approval of HELP loans.
- Monitors the repayment of Loans for HELP, SRLF and USGLF.
- Develops budget proposals for the Division.
- Prepares financial and other reports as necessary.
- Approves all payments to TLIs
- Performs any other duties identified by the Director, Funding and Grants Administration Division.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: –
- Knowledge of Government’s administrative and accounting processes and procedures within Ministries.
- Private sector experience at managerial level.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Accounting software, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional Qualification: CIMA/ ACCA qualified.
- Experience in policy/systems formulation and implementation.
- Ten (10) years financial management experience.
Applications are required to be submitted by Midnight on November 15, 2019