This incumbent is required to develop, implement, direct and evaluate the Ministry’s marketing and communications strategies and programmes including public relations, media relations, web site content and the Ministry’s image programme. Duties include planning, organising, directing and coordinating the work of staff engaged in the performance of related activities. Duties also include using communications as a vital component of the overall change management programme in support of the Ministry’s initiatives amongst internal stakeholders and to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of the Government and the Ministry.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organises, directs and coordinates the work of staff engaged in the provision of Corporate Communications services in the Ministry.
- Designs, organises and implements a creative and effective Communications Strategy including content management for the Ministry’s website and ensuring that it is adequately integrated into the Ministry’s Operations.
- Prepares complex and sensitive briefs, media releases, advertisements and presentations.
- Reviews speeches to be delivered by the Minister.
- Spearheads the development and implementation of media relations strategy to ensure proactive and positive media coverage of the Ministry’s activities and to minimise negative media reports.
- Facilitates workforce effectiveness by setting the standard for monitoring the performance of staff supervised.
- Directs and participates in the preparation of the budgetary estimates of the Corporate Communications Division and ensures that expenditure is in accordance with financial guidelines.
- Provides strategic advice to members of the Ministry’s Executive, Senior Management Teams and Business Unit Managers to build and protect the corporate brand name and image of the Ministry.
- Defines and manages all aspects of strategic communications, brand management, reputation management and relationship management for the Ministry.
- Directs the conduct of research activities to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of Corporate Communications and client services provided and recommends necessary changes.
- Prepares the required inputs for the Ministry’s Annual Report and other reports required by other agencies.
- Formulates policies, procedures, systems and guidelines that support the Corporate Communications function in the Ministry and ensures compliance.
- Oversees the budgeting, planning, direction, coordination, implementation and evaluation of major events and programmes in the Ministry and ensures successful execution.
- Directs and co-ordinates staff engaged in the performance of protocol duties for the Ministry in accordance with established standards to ensure appropriate etiquette is used in interactions with individuals such as dignitaries and officials.
- Advises on the development and implementation of corporate advertising strategies, programmes and action plans adopted by the Ministry.
- Directs and coordinates the process for monitoring national, regional and international news and provides the Executive with media summaries as detailed in the delivery schedule.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:-
|Extensive knowledge of media issues, social marketing theory and practice and communications strategies. Extensive knowledge of marketing, public relations, advertising, promotion and other marketing communication methods. Extensive knowledge of current theories and practices in communications research, planning and strategy, and the role of the mass media. Knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. Extensive knowledge of desktop publishing, new web and social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Considerable knowledge of the organisational structure of the Government of Trinidad and Tobago. Considerable knowledge of protocol procedures. Knowledge of Public Administration.|
|Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite desktop publishing and communications technologies such as web applications, design/illustration software and/or databases. Skill in writing and editing, including a strong command of English. Skill in conducting research and in conceptual and analytical thinking. Ability to use e-Government technology platforms. Ability to use the internet for research purposes. Ability to plan, organise, lead and co-ordinate the work of professional and other support staff performing corporate communications duties. Ability to develop effective and engaging branded events that will achieve the Ministry’s goals and objectives. Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.|
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Eight (8) years’ experience in the field of Corporate Communications or Public Relations or Media Relations and Advertising.
- Training as evidenced by a recognised University Degree in Communications Studies or a post graduate Diploma in a related field.
Applications are required to be submitted by Midnight on November 15, 2019